Weddings normally consist of two parts, one is the formal ceremony and the second is the reception. Reception is more like the fun part where everybody gets to relax, mingle and have fun. Receptions can be really costly, and you might want to plan it out properly and allocate a good amount of budget for this part. Follow your budget carefully, because you don’t want to end up missing something out on your reception. Here are a few things you might want to consider while composing a wedding reception plan:
1. Keep your budget in consideration while writing out your guest list. Your venue and food arrangements will totally depend on the amount of guests you invite, therefore make sure that you don’t overstretch yourself.
2. Food is an essential part of your wedding reception plan, as it is a way of showing appreciation and welcoming your guests for being with you on this very special occasion. The food that you arranged for your reception doesn’t have to be fancy, but you have to make sure that it’s tasty, filling and generous. At least have 3 course meals with coffee. You should also look for the possible venues that include the food with their services, so you would be able to get a discount when you get all the services from one place. If that’s not possible, try looking out for some good caterers through friend or family references.
3. Selecting a good location can be a tricky part. You might want to select a location nearby, so all guests would be able to travel comfortably to that location. Also, it should be large enough to comfortably seat the entire guest party, with room enough for dance and music. Location is an important part of your reception, and the guests wouldn’t enjoy themselves much if they feel uncomfortable.
4. After selecting the location, the next important part for wedding reception plan is setting up the decorations. The decorations should go along with the theme and color of your marriage, and you really have to check your budget on them. Sometimes elegant and simple decorations do much better then the fancy ones, so pick them out according to your available location.
5. Music is an important part of any party, however, it should go way over the top. Choose a light music style for your reception that just flows and keeps your guests entertained at the same time. You might also want to check if the venue has a license to conduct live music events, as having a band play out at your reception could also be a real treat.
6. Make sure that your venue has adequate bathroom, cloaking and parking facilities so your guests wouldn’t face any inconvenience and can enjoy their time without having to worry about anything.